Euphonious UTP 2014: Engaged and Athena (#Eupho14)

Engaged after engaging with Music
This whole week was a hiatus. Really! I have to jam everyday from 11 pm to 2/3 am. I forgot to keep up with my studies and most of the time I don't really care whether there will be quizzes in the class. Music was too much fun. Before I became a civil engineering student I prefer to study music instead but I'm facing different path now. So I really like the feeling of it.

I played the keyboard for the metal band 'Engaged'. The spirit of this band was totally fantastic. We group huddle before performing and ensure everyone that winning is important but nothing can beats the fact that we are all having fun on the stage. Performing at Chancellor Hall Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS is definitely a new experience for me. The sound system is AWESOME! (provided that the sound technician do their job well - at most of the time is ''good''). Overall I'm satisfied.



The first song we performed was Avenge Sevenfold -Afterlife. I really love the guitar solo even though the starting was off a little. I really thought our guitarist will be awarded with 'best guitarist award' but nope. The judges award it to someone else. Personally I never like the judges decisions. Euphonious during the final round was dull. (Maybe because I was bias to certain genre also). 

Because I never actually agree band to perform 'reggae' or 'jazz' genre during the battle of the band. It was too boring. And moreover I don't like extra performances such as 'poetry' reciting during battle of the band. It called battle of the 'freaking' band for a reason.




I don't want to complain too much maybe because partly people will think the only reason I'm bias is because I didn't make it to the final. But most of my friends that didn't participate also have sour experience to this year eupho. Better watch the preliminary round, you get to watch all the bands perform and the entry is free. Compare to final round where some of the bands played boring songs. I slept almost the entire event. Except at part where 'Seguros' band and 'Duckhead from space' band performed and at part where bunkface rock the hell out of UTP.
Selfie to shake the nervous

Engaged at back stage before performing
Besides 'Engaged' I also joined a band called 'Athena'. I could only described Athena as a band that lack of band members cooperation. too much attitude in it and some of the members think that they are too good. I saw everything and the only thing that made me regret is not to say anything about the things that could make us lose during the preliminary round. Even I said it, some people won't just listen but to be fair they're not the cause of our defeat. As a band we all did wrong, that is why we didn't make it to the finals.

But what is done, is done. So no point keep talking about it. We just have to learn from the experience and speaking of experience. My twin sister and I both sang for Athena. The first song was 'I miss the misery' by Halestorm. A strong and a very hard song to sing. Thus there is pitchy here and there. But I think it's not that bad.

Below video is the Athena performing 'I miss the misery.' Give some comments if you want. Any positive feedback would be nice.


No matter how badly we perform for Athena. We still got fans out there. To the fact that we both sing rock and mostly here, girls sang jazz and slow songs. So we manage to break the mold. Its not a total failure attempt. But one think for sure, Athena will never go pop. From now one, its all about rock and metal. haha I think so. Depends on the band members. We cannot force a certain decision.

After the singing though, we had trouble to go back to the crowd. Like 'walk of shame'. But seeing all the positive feedback in twitter. At least I know we didn't sucks that much hahaha. Good for my twins, she always want to sing and now she finally experienced it.




Too bad for the founder of Athena. This year will be his final year in UTP and that means he won't be able to join Euphonious anymore. We always love you. Even though we didn't make it to the final but you will always be in our heart. I started as Athenians and will always be Athenians. 

Athenians before performing

I miss the misery performance

Shaking the nerve away

This week is full of music and full of love. Love it all and I'm gonna miss all the people and all the practices we had. 

-Love to Engaged and Athena
ZazaZahidah

Comments

Popular Posts