REVIEW: TGIF Sunway Pyramid. Money wasted!

Double Mushroom Ribeye

Sunway Pyramid is kind a go to places to all individual with different range of age but most commonly popular among teenagers and college students especially when Sunway College is just nearby. There are a lot of choices with regards to food and beverages. However, let's focus on TGIF in Sunway Pyramid.

I ordered a 'Double Mushroom Ribeye'. Yummy! Or so I thought. The whole meal was aesthetically pleasing. Before starting the meal, they will serve either a salad or mushroom soup as starter. I chose the mushroom soup and it was delicious. Good thing I ordered that. To my opinion, its better to have restaurant made soup than salad. I mean you can always have salad at home right.

The 10 Oz. strip steak is served with melted butter top. The melted butter was up the top, delicious and milky. Also served with mac and cheese topped with beef bacon and garlic, crispy mushroom fries and weird brown gravy that I could not apprehend. 

Meat Doneness by google

The catch is I've ordered a medium rare for steak doneness. I always like it that way cause it bring out the real taste of the meat so you can really taste it with your palate. However, what I received was more to a blu rare kind of meat instead of medium rare. So when in doubt, I use google to search about meat doneness and not to my surprise, google state that medium rare steak is mostly pink but with a red center.

Blu Rare?
So to my question, did I get a blu rare steak or medium rare? I believe it is blu rare steak instead of medium rare. Which is kind a disappointment to TGIF. Here, TGIF is more to an up-scale restaurant cause not all restaurant knew how to prepare steak. They should have knew how to prepare it perfectly as to what the customer requested. At the end though, I didn't even finish the meal. It was a mere disappointment! The mac and cheese were to salty and gravy were loaded with spices that I couldn't really understand.

To be fair tho, the mushroom soup as started and the melted butter top was perfect. Milky and creamy at the same time but I couldn't see it combine perfectly with the brown gravy. I was really disappointed with TGIF in sunway pyramid. Tell me what you think about the steak doneness. I'm not from a culinary background. So maybe I was wrong. 

So hey, if you still want to go to TGIF Sunway Pyramid, maybe its best to avoid steak selection entirely. Maybe you'll have more luck with burgers instead.

#TGIF #TGIFSunwayPyramid

Zaza
Pics from google and @dadazazatwin
Follow me at instagram @dadazazatwin.


Comments

Popular Posts