Civil Field Trip Day 2 [UTP CV Jan 12]


On the 6th July we continued our journey to north of Malaysia and observed the road cut at Tanah Merah. The hill was full with Andesite Rocks. And its cliff was almost about 90 degree. I wonder why it did not collapse long time ago? Emm I guess geologist could answer this in a brisk.  I n a brief, I guess it got something to do with the andesite streak and dipping angles. Those angles could determine whether the rocks will collapse or not. 

Lecture at class is too mainstream

All the way I was concerned with the leeches that showed up during our exploring trips to observe the stones. Two of my fellow course mates brought along two leeches with them in the bus. I was shocked and luckily none of those things bit me. If so, I'll scream till death do us (me and the leech) apart. Scary but then again the exploring is so much fun till I slept all the way in the bus.
The best part of the trip was at Bukit Keluang             Terengganu. We observe conglomerate rocks and it has pebble like characteristics. Before this I thought the sea that change the rocks shapes and colours but then it was the minerals that determine the shape and the colour of the stones. For instance, the red colour of the stones and rocks was probably due to the concentrated iron minerals in the stones and this iron concentrated minerals could also effect the outcrops. Such as happened at Bukit Putri where on top of the hill, we found a Red Paper Bark Tree. Normal Paper Bark Tree is white in colour but this was not the case. The redness was probably from high Iron concentration in the soils and stones of the hill. Bukit Keluang was a wonderful hill and it got caves opening.  Not sure how deep it goes. The cave scare the crap out of me when I've been ambush by bats. I ran out screaming. It was very funny also.

So we settled in a chalet nearby the beach. It is Bukit Keluang Beach Resort. Everyone out there who want to have vacation near Besut Terengganu, I strongly recommended it. It is near with the beach and definitely, you will have variety choice of chalet. From 2 beds room (one single and a queen bed) to a bigger chalet with 2 room (can occupy up to 3 people each room) and a small living room. However, the place is quite dark at night so I suggest that you should take chalet that situated at the main alley. Easier to move around at night. The food to me however wasn't quite satisfying. I suggest to all tourist out there to never ever eat at vacation or tourist sites. The food and drinks there are damn expensive. To me it its better to eat KFC and Pizza Hut and any other franchise food cause you definitely know it is going to be delicious and the prize will be about the same as the local food at tourist sites.


You can get further details at this website. http://www.booking.com/hotel/my/bukit-keluang-beach-resort.en.html?aid=311984;label=bukit-keluang-beach-resort-FYy7Wrxn8PutMvzh2AvKiQS19528219873:pl:ta:p1:p2:ac:ap1t2:neg;ws=&gclid=COmis5CiorgCFUcG4godBVEA6w. But as for outdoor swimming pool, I went there and there wasn't any pool. I'm not sure if it under maintenance or it is not functioning at all. So anything, I pretty much suggest to whoever that want to have a vacation there, reconfirm the facilities at this chalet. 

The next day was something else. I have never ever thought that doing field work was going to be a challenge to me. We did contouring of Bukit Keluang and with about 97 total stations and the average distance we walked that day was 2910m. 2 km and 2km was a quite number of walks and we were exhausted. I could actually fell asleep during the field work even though it was burning hot by the beach. As a result here, I'm having sunburn and I'm getting darker that is for sure. 

So that is a little of something about our field trip. Even though, things weren't at schedule or when things was not as expected but we have our friends to make us feels like home. Even though, to some, home is miles away. At times you have only friends, so treasure, get to know them well and have fun.

This ZazaZahidah saying have fun and live your life at the utmost happiness and joy even though you are not in good times.





Comments

Popular Posts