Civil Field Trip Day 1 [UTP CV Jan 12]


So here we were yesterday, having our second field trip outside Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP). Under the course of geology, we move around two states of Malaysia to search for rocks and observe their characteristics. Thanks for the hard work of the staffs that willingly to supervise us during the field trip. 

Our first stop was the cave at Kampung Pecah Batu. There we observe the mountain of limestone. The carving, caving and the shape of the rocks reminded us all that before any field trip, it is better for us to revise a little of something so that everything will not be too clueless for us. So reminder to participants in any field trip, make sure you know what will happen and be ready for everything.

After stopping there we again rode the bus and then stopped at Grik Perak to view ourself metatuff and its soil. I was surprised that in Malaysia there was once volcano mountains  but because earth is dynamic, the mountains moves to somewhere else. I wonder which mountains that was once originated from Malaysia? But I'm sure there was no Malaysia at that time. I guess what I learnt that rocks is the key to the past. Picture it as wormhole. They clearly showed us the past. Its up to us to actually care about it. If not it is just pieces of rocks by the roadsides.

 

I was very impressed with our lecturer because he is still active with us. The whole day he spent lecturing us about stones and rocks but he still got energy. He is really enthusiasts with his works. Because our field trip is on our mid semester break, we had little of disappoint in our heart. I think because of that, the lecturer and others who are involve try as hard as they can to make this field trip as exciting as it can be. 

Today besides learning about rocks, we had enjoy our time at places where we could get things in cheap prices. We also karaoke in the bus and had a lot of fun time with other fellow course mates. I'm sure we are getting closer every time and I really appreciate all the hard work done by the people that participate in this field trip.


So after the last station of the day, I had a breath of released in the air. Finally I get some time to sleep and help myself to tell the world about our day in geology field trip. The good thing about now is, I'm currently sitting on a chair in my hotel room. It is a 4 and a half star hotel and I don't want to ever leave but the thing is,  we just check in tonight and we about to check out tomorrow morning. Noooooo!. I don't want to leave just yet. This place is amazing. Really amazing. I had so much fun here.

So there you go, a bit of something from our weekend. Hopefully, we have a blast tomorrow and hopefully you guys have too. 

This is ZazaZahidah saying goodnight and good morning to all people out there and happy field trip. 



Comments

Popular Posts