Traditional music at Batu Pahat Johor


Ohoi there. Hey what is up guys. For so long I've been away for about 6 days during the STE program now I'm at Johor Batu Pahat to learn the next best thing in my life which is music. I used to dance to traditional music. Now it is an honor to learn about the traditional music itself. I totally support the idea of having to learn new kind of music for us.

Especially us actually haha. We are too used to the modern ones that we have forgotten what is very valuable to us. Our native sounds. The original music. Though I am here is only to give support to my sister for joining it but alas, the teacher himself ask me to learn about it also. For it is knowledge that is hard to learn nowadays. He told me that I have to take the chance and learn it also.



So I said 'Hey why not' and proceed learning this new thing. But then again after a few days haha I am mentally exhausted. My hand is always aching and my mind is always jammed with these kind of musics that I have never played it before. To think that I will be staying here for 10 days make me go bonkers. The only advantage to me during this few days is I understand the music because I used to dance to it instead.

But here not only I get to learn new things, I get to write music score back. Its been a long time since I wrote it. Just to tell that we always love free jamming in the studio. Especially during late night hours but then haha lately, our modern instruments all been transported back to Perak. 5 hours journey from here. So what is left is only the necessary instrument for making traditional music instead. Boringgg....haha but we tried having fun with it anyway.






Hey life is not too bad even for student musician like us.
Zaza Zahidah

Comments

Popular Posts