Concrete Technplogy Field Trip by UTP Civil Engineering Student

The most exciting field trip I have ever been. All the time, we were relaxing. For me, its more to holiday and weekdays escape than working and studying. Yada yada, the end of the field trip was quite boring but RAPID project by PETRONAS is something worth telling.

It will be the biggest refinery plant in Malaysia and most probably in Asia. We went to the construction site and no doubt the size of the construction site is humongous. We witness all the cut and fill activities and for now the phase 1 construction is only 63%
(as far as I remembered) complete.

It really not a concrete technology forte, not just yet. The site was still just Geomatics cut and fill. However we really do learn a lot....bla bla bla, most important is we enjoy ourselves.

Firstly we were excited because the rock blasting schedule just during the time of our arrival but after several minutes watching from afar, all we saw was puff of smoke. hahaha bam the expectation free falls. The refinery will soon hired 4000 (again as far as I remembered) permanent worker and they will from all over the world, especially chemical engineers. I directly contact a chemical engineer friend about this, he might have some interest about this project.

Of course it will be more exciting when we able to get nearer to the rock blasting site but as safety concern, we only got to witness is from a very far distance.

UTP however, have never disappoint us will the facilities. They booked for us quite a decent hotel, very comfortable and to me its luxurious. We get to play volleyball beach there and ladies, they have spa for you just to pamper yourself.

To people who love sports they have volleyball beach court, futsal, paintball and ATV activity. It will be pretty lonely if you are there alone so I suggest come by group and you'll be excited with the things you can do there, I mean beside swimming or strolling at the beach.





So far the field trip is awesome. Especially on the first ans the second day. The third day was all about concentrated and saturated mind. We went to a hospital construction site, and everything we could learn about construction is there. The representative was very knowledgeable and he told us everything. I'm not kidding, we were getting exhausted over time due to information overload.



Luckily, the hospital construction site is at the town. So some entertainments such as movies, snooker and bowling is available. Funny story is that my luggage kind of malfunction that night and I set out to look for a new one. Then with my friends I went inside the bowling center and I bet everyone look at me as if I have my own bowling ball and I must have been professional player. Well guess what, wrong! I'm as noob as anyone who have never play a ball before.


Of course field trip was fun yada yada but the pain in the ass about it was all the work that are waiting for us back home will be enormous. Especially tests are just around the corner not to mention all the assignments, reports and quizzes. I am stress as well, like any other Civil engineering student. Its important to help each other and I know I don't have much time. At night I always have to focus on dancing. 

So I really appreciate all the friends that help me during the bad time of my life, especially when my grandmother passed away. I think about 2 weeks after the field trip the bad news arrive. To be frank I thought it was a joke, I mean it can't be right. I just met her 2 days before in Kuala Lumpur and she look like she will be okay. I cried the whole day even until now. I will cry whenever I felt I miss her, or when I remember all the memories.

They say pity the living not the dead. That might be true.
ZazaZahidah

Comments

Popular Posts