Performance at UTP CoQ Appreciation Dinner 2014


Just recently I had my performance at Curriculum event in Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS. To be frank, this week was a hell of a week. I'm exhausted, stressed out and all the bad news around me affect me especially for my studies but I release all those stresses out with dance every night. 

I'm happy during the event because at least UPAG (UTP Performing Arts Group) get the recognition from UTP. We get prizes for our achievement back in Korea but all the seniors that involve with Korea competition weren't there. I'm sure if they were there, everything will be as havoc as you can imagine.


Our dance that day was Masri Kerincing, Payung and Samrah. I dance Masri Kerincing, an Arabic influence dance. Quite a new thing for me, and if I think back all those performances I've done, I never had dance dances influence by other races and nationality. A new experience for me but unfortunately I'll be graduating to be an engineer instead of dancer.

If you talk about UPAG we always lack of male dancers and every time we are desperate to find them. I don't want to talk about the weird perception of people about dance team here in Malaysia but guys that is just a weird perception that we need to forget and erase it from history. Anyone interested please please don't be shy and join the dancing team here in UTP.


The only thing that causes hesitations for guys to join our dancing team is that the commitment they have to give for practice. Our practice will be everyday and the word my weekend won't be in your life dictionary. Either Saturday or Sunday will be fully utilize for dancing. Morning, evening and night will be dancing and more dancing. I guess to attract more guys is to lessen the time for practice but that is impossible. 

We are not normal dance team cause most of the time we focused on international competitions. For such big things, you can't expect to take things lightly. Anyway, heard stories that we're going out, overseas again but I don't know how far that rumor is true. To anyone interested please please come and join. but commitment must be tip top also.

Tired but I swear everything worth it.
ZazaZahidah

Comments

Popular Posts