International Culture Night 2014


Pheww just ended my Hydraulics field trip today. It was a long day today, feel like it too. From Terengganu (a state in Malaysia) we departed with a bus at around 8.30am n just arrive here in Perak at 7.45pm. A long day indeed and I think I got a bed sore due to sleeping to much in the bus. Before the feel trip, I got a show, at International Culture Night 2014. It was awesomeee (imitating Barney's high pitched voice).

I totally save my energy during the event, I don't to be too carried away because I have to wake up early tomorrow for the field trip. In Malay, we called barai laa tdo nye haa (like a zombie when woke up the next morning). I don't have a roommate, so luckily I stayed over at a friend's room.

So let's get started, international culture night is the one and only event that shows the dance culture of every foreign students in UTP.



Turkmenistan, Pakistan, Mozambique, South Sudan, Sudan, Japan, India and also performance from Colin a student representative from the USA. I didn't know that he could play the piano and sing. Good thing that I knew that now. So during that time, UPAG danced Masri Kerincing, an Arabic influence dance. Good new experience for me also.

I took picture with my fellow Arab friends and my Japanese friends. Quite exciting really. Most students that I know ask me whether it is nice to have foreign friends. Its fantastic really, gives color to your life a little bit.

If you ask me which dance I love the most would be the Turkmenistan's. Quite different from others, and I love the girls traditional clothes. Damn, it is something, very elegant. Unfortunately, I don't have all the pictures, quite a shame.

There are part where all the dancers dance at the side of the stage but its a shame that the guards asked them to sit back on their seats. I mean really, when there are music you can't stop the dancers to dance. Its their passion, so why stopping them? One thing that I wish is that the guards chill a little bit and let us all have fun. Not everyday we get to meet up and dance. Am I right?

Great International Culture Night 2014
ZazaZahidah

Comments

Popular Posts