Athena and Euphonious 2013


Euphonious 2013 in the early January semester was a turning point in my life. I still remember, even though how hazy it is the memories in my mind, the music of muse in my head. I can tell that before I participate in battle of the band competition, my life as a degree student was dull. Huge misunderstanding occur that time therefore I need time to think and re-evaluate my life. Whom to trust and whom to not was a question that I kept in mind.

Of course like any other person, I ran away from everybody. Isolate myself. Even from my twin. Fate I guess took place, Athena band leader, Malik, called me and asked whether I could become their keyboardist. I'm not sure whether I hesitate to give the answer but the answer was a yes. It's about time I focus myself to music. At least some excitement in life

The thing is I am always a solo pianist and I read music sheets. So Malik, Athena's band leader, have to help  me a lot. Being the keyboardist in a band wasn't that hard but the first time was always a hiccup. Even so, I get the hang of it. It literary went well. All the way till preliminary round. Unfortunately, we didn't go to finals. 

But hey, things that are in the past let just stay in the past. At least I've got new experience and knowing all the dudes in my band was something new too. They are awesome and just with this band I've met loads of people that have the real talent in music. I've met people who just won't give up because they believe in themselves, people who believes in their friends and their potential, people who risk something just so they could hold something that is more important. 

Yes experience could be risky but why feel afraid to go for it. The only thing that matters is keep on believing in yourself. 

Best of regards. Have confident in yourself and good luck.
ZazaZahidah



Comments

Popular Posts