Experience With UTP Performing Arts Group (UPAG)



My first dance experience was from my basic dance and movement 1 course. From the course, I learnt Malay traditional dance, waltz and cha cha dances. Unfortunately, during the end of the year, Malaysia have loads of Holiday and most of the time, these holidays interrupted our practices and classes.

So from five dances, we got to learn only three. My body movement became slightly flexible after learning all those dances plus with group dance and one individual dancing test.

I still remember that Indian dance was the hardest. It is tiring and to get the momentum and coordination from the whole group was exhausting. I really recommend people out there to try out Indian dances especially for those who interested in building up stamina. They have all the catchy foot steps and coordination.

For the group assessment, we also dance agogo dance. I don't know how you all say it but that is how I say it here. The dance was simple but it can go really messy if every body in the group did not play their part well.

However, for the individual dancing test, I dance cha cha and it was amazing. I can say is that if I can dance with a partner, the dance will definitely have more volume and chemistry in it. Unfortunately it is an individual test so no partner involve. Overall, the experience was exciting. At least it give colours in my life.

Basic dance and movement 1 was just activities in the class. There are no audience larger than the 25 students that took the course. My first dance on stage was with UTP Performing Arts Group (UPAG). The group was awesome, they take every moves and dances seriously. No wonder, UPAG have been to international stages.

I definitely recommend students from UTP that love to dance to try out UPAG audition. If you made it in the group, your life will be full of colours and dances. They give equal opportunity to everybody. As long as you good at it, you can make it.

This is the first post of the day. Peace out.

Try Out Something New. You'll Never Get Boring.
ZazaZahidah

Comments

Popular Posts