Longboard



Good morning to readers out there especially to the Malaysian. It is about  6.10am when I start writing this post. Hope you all have a very nice day today.

Let me tell you guys something about longboard. Generally my understanding is, longboard is just like skateboard but I guess the board is longer but have more straight looking board than skateboard that have upward curves at both end of the board. But that is just design I think. Personally, I cruise to class with longboard and it is fun definitely.  I don't even have to prepare early to class any more. All I have to do is cruise as fast as possible. No more walking to classes. Never at once I regret to venture in this sport. To be frank, I know nothing about longboard. Okay, I do know something but too little to be significant.



My first experience of skating was in UTP where I met fellow friends who can skate as well. Two awesome dudes who taught me well, Hazeem and Lukman. Thanks to them I get to experience new thing. Makes my life interesting a little bit. People always assume that I learnt all those things in Kuala Lumpur as I am from KL. In fact I learnt to skate in Perak. Yes Perak. 

Speaking of assumption, as a person from Kuala Lumpur, I cannot escape from faces that think I am a rich kid from a rich family. Now I assume they think I am rich because of how I act in a crazy way. Participate in a band, longboarding, dancing but the faces when I told people I am from KL has the most funniest perception ever. 

I am not rich nor come from a wealthy family but I am from a family that values experiences especially when we are young. I wanted to skate long time ago, even before I study in UTP. But I guess when you are a girl there are some limitations. So the thought was put on hold for a moment until I met those two awesome dudes. I know I want to try to longboard and I am not letting old age make me regret to do it when I was young. So there you go I try to skate even if it means to beg to my mother to let me play and my mother is not a person that could tolerate such things easily.



But I guess, when you put your mind to something you should just go for it. But please, make sure that your decision is right and not too insane like trying to electrocute yourself just because you want to feel the shock.

So I really hope that students from UTP can come and join us longboard sometimes and let the circles of longboarding becomes bigger. It is an exciting sports so why not give it a try.

Here is ZazaZahidah says good morning and happy longboarding.








Comments

Popular Posts