UCity Hari Raya Event 2013


The music in me. There is always music in me. I get to play the  piano when I was five and I couldn't at once forget how the reaction of everyone and the situation of that time when I get a piano as our (my twin and I) birthday present. At that time, I've been learning the piano but I didn't have the music instrument for practice. Ended up I didn't improve in the music lesson. So my mother bought a vary cheap piano at that time. Only cost RM 3000 but I appreciate every bit of it.

I still have the piano and even though it broken sometimes, the sustain pedal is still not functioning but I still love it. It has the most precious sentimental value ever for me. Since then I guess my twin and I get more involve with music. We joined choir, piano and violin shows, singing, and I guess many more to come. And the story of this semester after Medan Gopeng Gig is at Ucity Grand Appreciation Night 13. After the gig, my band start to become incomplete. Our bassist is still in Egypt and this is the last semester for our guitarist. When talking about the last semester before intern ship, we usually talking about how things will be much more busier than it used to be.

So we ended up leaving music behind. But two of my friends approach me and ask whether we could perform for both Ucity and Makk event and I said yes. I start calling around my friends that I believe will be wonderful for these kind of events and there you go, just recently we performed 3 songs at Grand Appreciation Night. We performed Mirror by Justin Timberlake acoustic style and also our own style in it. Great comment from people that watch our performances but not all are sweets. Even sweets have disadvantages to our health.

I believe that we still can improve ourselves, because music is about talent and hard work. But performing is about stage play. We should know more that music and hard work but also emotions, the connection between performers and the audience. And mostly people forgets the emotion between you and your instruments. That is as important as any other too. 

For the second song, we played the instrumental between a violin and a piano with the song Last Carnival by The Acoustic Cafes. A wonderful song, full of emotions, varieties of emotions and dynamics. Really my kind of song. Even though its simple but it project the everything you want it. We played this because as a request to minimise singing in the overall performances but we are only the side dish. The real dish is the dish that the audience eat during that time. It was dinner. So we could have been singing all the time, it doesn't matter whether we minimise singing or not nobody actually paying attention at us unless they wanted to. 

But it is our job to get their attention and I think we nailed it on the first song. Maybe a little on the second song but according to my point of view the third song is a bit dull. Because probably there is lack of energy in the performances. The Eidifitri Song should be hype but the lack of energy carried the mundane atmosphere right onto the stage.

So things should be improve and I hope for the next event, the Reflection (name of the acoustic band) members improve themselves and I hope to see them carrying the tittle student musician soon.

This is ZazaZahidah and may we all continue doing what we do best and what we have interest in.





Comments

Popular Posts