Upag at Cambodia with Tourism Malaysia

Even our interpreter pose like a model.

Welcome to Cambodia. A place that is never more cultural and diversity to be explored. Not long before the trip, I was enjoying my semester break and by mean enjoying is in boredom. But I got 4 miss calls from my dance mate and  I called them back. They asked me to join the trip to Cambodia. Well, let's say without hesitation I agreed to it. Who doesn't want to join it right. The only left is to convinced my mother about it. It took hours of pleading and begging to actually allow me to go but it was worth it.

But the problem is, I only had 3 days to start dancing from a very long break and haha you have no idea how screwed I am. Even in Cambodia, some of the dance was horror but to be professionals just dance and smile. Whatever happen, happens. I'm not proud of it because I know I can do better but I guess the nervous took the best of me after so long I didn't dance. Of course, life there isn't about dancing all the time. I had fun knowing their culture. Their bizarre food (the perspective from me but not from them). But they have delicious food also, not to different from our taste here in Malaysia.



It was hectic there because there are so many people present to enjoy the sea festivals. There are many exhibitions and events on the same day and this festivals goes on up to 5 days. It was very festive that is why I say to friends to always travel during festive seasons. You got to actually taste different kinds of food, meet a lot of people and know diversity cultural there. But sometimes people just like to enjoy the scenery without many people in it so it really depends on what you love first.



So it took about 1 hour and 50 minutes to reach by flight and the first thing I saw through the airplane window is the paddy fields. The view is spectacular and I never expected that paddy fields will be that near to the capitol. Usually here in Malaysia, you can't actually see paddy fields in Capitol until you reach the village then you get to feast you eyes with the greenery. 


Our interpreter/liaison/manager, no idea what actually their pose during the trip was very funny and awesome. I really had fun during the time with them. One of them can speak fluent English and another can speak fluent Malay. I mean with them, you feel that home is near. No language boundaries. Thanks to them, we had the best trip ever and the dance show was splendid. They know exactly what to do and just ask them, they take you to where you want to be.


Our trip was spiced up when their Prime Minister came visit us at the booth. We dance and dance to both the countries musics and dances. I have no idea how to dance Cambodian dance but just go with the flow baby. We are foreigners there so no one can actually critics us except if we screwed our own dance but then again keep on smiling and just pray nobody know your mistakes haha. All in all, tourism Malaysia had given us the best hospitality, even though we are just students but we felt like a very important person with them and for that thank you. 




I almost forgot to mention about the hotel we stayed. I think the owner of our hotel is a guy from France and he has the most absolute taste in decor. You can see how he made the hotel, to how he set the things (the furniture and decoration of the rooms), the places are great and the view is excelente. Moreover, by now Cambodia is in windy season so it just feels right to just spend your time in the villa, taking photo and read books under the sun.

It was definitely the most awesome and the best trip/work ever. I hope there are more to come.
ZazaZahidah


Comments

Popular Posts