Stonehenge United Kingdom



I can't remember the exact date I went to Stonehenge. All I remember is how was the weather on that day. It was sunny at first then all of a sudden rain, strong wind pass the region. The thing about weather in the UK is unpredictable. The best bet is to observe the weather forecast on BBC or Google. Now unfortunately during that time the weather forecast predicted it to be raining but we still insist on going there and yes we came back home all wet.

Though nonetheless it is still an enjoyable journey though I hate going out by car. I have serious car sick issue when I'm in the UK. Maybe the weather affect me differently. Because we Malaysian always used to hot weather with cool air conditioning blow to your face, it is quite vice versa here. It felt stuffy when the hot air blow to your face and stuffy causes me to be car sick.



So the journey took about 2 hours drive due to traffic jam. Seems that everyone wants to go there during the weekend. Its nothing much really. Just stone stack on each other but still the historical monument deserve a visit.Google gives this monument 4.3 stars out of 5. If I know it right, the construction of Stonehenge have three phases. Based on the construction technology at that time, ti took about thirty million hours of labor just to get it done. There is a lot of time wasted huh.

Moreover, Stonehenge mark a holy ground for past ancestors. So they buried the wealthy nearby the Stonehenge. What exactly the ritual is remain a mystery.I have no idea why they did it at a first place but if they didn't, then we will not have any clue or artifacts that could make us understand our past. Then Amesbury UK will just be another green space in England.


Zaza Zahidah





Comments

Popular Posts