The Vanishing - John Connor.


Just recently I bought a book from a book store in Scotland. Surprisingly, the store sell 3 books just for £5 and well you can't stop this girl from buying it. The book store is like heaven and paradise for me. My face was as if I am a stranded individual soaking up water after long years lost in the desert. Grabbing any books in sight as if those are waters. Books are quite cheap here and I can't resist the holy calls from the book's spirit. Yeah now I'm talking crazy,am I right?

So what do I think about 'The Vanishing by John Connor'? This book have in-details information about the setting. I do know that in-details information can be a bit boring for the reader if the whole page is dedicated just for the sake of explaining the environment of the surrounding. However, John Connor manage to make it interesting. Every words takes you to the actual setting. Making me addicted to it, you just can't stop reading it. The language is easy therefore non-English speaker like me could understand every details of it. It is always fulfilling if I can enjoy the reading.



I do feels that the character is realistic enough. John Connor didn't create characters that are like superman where they could do anything in the world. But what he created was characters that were realistic, beaten, stolen, engaged with actual feelings that one might have when going through some situation. He just gets it.That is the real deal! Letting the reader understand the characters' feelings with justified words.

However the only thing I found lacking is that the book somehow leaks the suspension of the story. Just like a small crack being thawed by water. After sometime the water just pass through as the crack become a hole. No longer a suspension there. Very first chapter projects that a girl just got kidnapped and the writer just work from there. I would prefer it to be more complicated. Complex.

Overall however, goodreads.com rate it to be 3.3 stars out of 5 and that is sure a good book to read.

Comments

Popular Posts